Professional Photography: 5 reasons every business needs it
Professional photography is often an item on the list that is seen as expendable. Whether you’re a new business just starting out or a well established business, the cost of professional photography might prompt you to wonder if you might be able to get by without it.
After all, you could just take some pictures yourself. Or use stock photos. There are other, more important things you should be spending your organization’s funds on than professional photography, right? Wrong.
The truth is that every business in every industry can benefit greatly from professional photography. No matter who your customers are or what you are selling, high quality photography is an important asset that will contribute to your overall success. When it comes to business expenses that are absolutely worth it, professional photography should be at the top of the list. There are so many benefits to having professional photos of your organization and the products you offer. Here are just five of the numerous reasons that every business should invest in high quality professional photography.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Photos enable you to show your clients and customers what you have to offer rather than tell them. In this day and age, consumers like to see things for themselves before making a decision about a purchase.
- Your media represents your business. Low quality, unprofessional photos will communicate the same about your organization and the products and services you offer. Your photos and your website are hugely important when it comes to making a first impression on customers.
- Customers want to get to know you. When people visit your website, they want to get to know you! Stock photos don’t help them do that – and they could give people a false impression of what you have to offer.
- Images can help you get found on the web. If your business has a website, you may have heard of search engine optimization, or SEO. There are many elements to SEO, and one element is images. Optimized photos can help your website get found in the image results and perform better in the overall search results.
- Professional photography is versatile assets. Online, photos can be used to make your website infinitely more engaging. They can be used to build your brand on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+ and more. They can also be featured in blog posts and articles – the possibilities are endless.